Wildfire Experience Agency are looking for a highly motivated and ambitious individual to become our Head of Operations to lead the operational excellence of all of Wildfire’s events. This is a new position as Wildfire look to substantially grow as we come out of the pandemic. The individual must look for continuous improvement within the organisation, with a keen eye towards the customer experience.
The Head of Operations will work primarily from our office and warehouse in Sheffield. But will sometimes be required to travel. This role will give the individual chance to put their own print into Wildfire and they will be given the opportunity to build their relevant teams through strategic planning and recruitment. The Head of Operations will be responsible for all elements of event production within Wildfire which will include, warehouse, logistics, productions, project management and event delivery.
- Contribute to the design of and execute on Wildfire’s strategic event delivery plan which aligns with company-wide strategic goals.
- Effectively lead the event delivery team through Wildfire’s growing and evolving business as we provide Live, Virtual and Hybrid events.
- Control the event delivery budget and manage to cost-efficiency performance targets.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assume ultimate responsibility for the smooth running of Wildfire’s event delivery function.
- Provide effective leadership to a number of different teams, develop a high-performance culture by championing best practices and professional development for everyone in each department.
- Oversee operational process efficiency, identify problems and seize optimization opportunities, and steer continuous improvement initiatives.
- Assess critical risk areas and develop/maintain appropriate contingency plans.
- Manage all the health and safety and risk assessments for all events under the Wildfire brands.
- Manage the department budget, maintaining a regular cadence of performance reporting, and contribute to annual budget planning.
- Maintain strong relationships across other departments, collaborating effectively on cross-functional projects, displaying strong ownership for the needs and responsibilities of the event delivery operation.
- Train and recruit new members of the team to ensure Wildfire are fully capable of giving client’s phenomenal events.
- Create a supportive and ambitious culture for your team with goals and rewards for high performance.
On a daily basis, the Head of Operations will always hold two primary focuses; the successful delivery of our weekly event calendar and steering ongoing continuous improvement efforts in operational effectiveness. Steering event performance will include; supporting the operational team during unexpected challenges, making and/or advising on best decisions in time sensitive situations, and conducting post event reviews and reporting.
Wildfire Company Culture
- Continually refer back to Wildfire’s tag line – We Make It Fun, We Do It Better.
- Be supportive of everyone in the company.
- Collaboration over Competition
- Honest selling and honest management throughout the company.
- Be passionate about events and the industry in a whole.
- Be fully immersed in the industry and enjoy the perks and opportunities it brings you.
Qualifications and Skills
- 5+ years of experience managing operational delivery for a busy event company
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Exceptional Leadership Skills
- Strong Organisational Skills
- Outstanding Written and Verbal Communication.
- Strong Collaboration Skills, Team-Oriented, Competent team coach
- Project Management Experience
- Strong orientation towards building and refining a high-quality customer experience.
- Design-Thinking a bonus
- Confident Decision Maker with sounds problem solving skills
- Strategic planning, Results and Progress Oriented.
- A higher than average competency in the use of digital technologies is essential, including Microsoft suite (i.e. Excel).
If you are interested in this job then please send you CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to go back to the jobs listing page